3 hours, 43 minutes (split in 2 parts)
Released: April 25, 2021
Recorded: April 17, 2021
- Amazon Podcasts
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
Session 1, part 1: MCU on Disney Plus (1 hour, 50 minutes)
How is Disney+ handling the serial release of their once movie-only properties in a post Agent Carter/Agents of SHIELD world? Now available exclusively through the Disney streaming service, WandaVision and Falcon & Winter Soldier are challenging how fans watch superhero dramas from fan theories not panning out, choices made that effect theatrical releases, and having to keep up with all of the other movies and shows to enjoy them. WE discuss.
Session 2, part 2: WE on THEM (1 hour, 52 minutes)
The latest in black trauma drama is the limited series THEM, created by Little Marvin and executive produced by Lena Waithe. It is available on Amazon Prime Video, and is set in a somewhat supernatural version of the 1950s. This series was largely criticized by the Black community for its unrelenting plot points that all involve Black people suffering. WE discuss the problematic elements, and the age-old question of “Who is this for?” PLUS, other properties the guests recommend instead, and what they hope from an industry that brought us Lovecraft Country, Get Out, and Us, but has taken a step backwards.
– WE(nerd)lesque Roundtable is a creation of WEBurlesque Podcast Network, produced by Viktor Devonne
– Your panel today is…
- Ashleeta, @ashleeta on IG/Twitter; interview on VoyageLA.com
- Eden Lost, EdenLost.rocks; @edenlost on IG; interview on PunkBlack.com
- Anja Keister, anjakeister.com; @anjakeister on IG/Twitter; interview on WEBurlesque the Podcast
- Helena Isis, @helenaisis616 on IG/Twitter
- The Amazing Brettzo, @thebrettzo on IG/Twitter
- Viktor Devonne, @viktordevonne on IG/Twitter; interview on LavendarAfterDark.com
– Session 1, Part 2: WE on THEM (the Series) – also available on the WEBurlesque Podcast Network.